You will be joining a grower led CSA and working on equal footing with the other grower. Growing veg all year round to supply our 130 household membership.
Cae Tan is a dynamic CSA and as such requires a dynamic and motivated grower. It is a rewarding and enjoyable project in a beautiful location.
We have a large and supportive group of volunteers, trainees and directors who the growers both support and are supported by.
- Growing a range of polytunnel & field scale crops organically all year round on approximately 8 acres.
- All aspects of crop planning, sowing, weeding, ground preparation, harvest, packing & storage of produce. (In partnership with other grower).
- Management of trainees & volunteers. (In partnership with other grower).
- Communicating & working in partnership with other growers, directors, members & our schools programme co-ordinator.
- Attending CSA directors’ meetings & social events with members.
- Taking a full and active role in the development & evolution of Cae Tan CSA.
- Sharing responsibilities for weekend watering during the spring & summer season.
Essential Qualities Required
Experience of organic growing all year round on a reasonable scale.
Willingness to work with people of all ages and abilities.
Good communication skills.
Hard working, quick, strong & reliable in all weather!!
Driving license and access to own vehicle.
Other qualities that will help your application
Tractor & machinery experience.
Basic mechanical repairs skills.
License to pull a trailer on the road.
IT & social media skills.
£12.50 per hour (plus travel expense & enrolment into NEST workplace pension scheme)
November to March 16 hrs per week
April to October 32 hrs per week
Start date ideally 11th October 2021 (or possibly early 2022)
How to Apply
Send your CV & a motivational letter / video to email@example.com
Your motivational letter / video should tell us;
- Who you are?
- Why you will make a success of this post?
Letter should be a maximum of 400 words or if you choose to make a video of yourself, then this should be up to 2 minutes max.
Closing dates for application 22nd August 2021
Interviews will be in the first week of September.